Letter to Clubs
River Romp, October 17 & 18, 2020
We are looking forward to hosting our annual JO in October, on the river, with some changes designed to safeguard our competitors, coaches, volunteers & organizers.
- 3 race courses: Optimist Green, Optimist R/W/B, and a Laser/C420 course
- Each course will welcome no more than 50 competitors each
- Anyone planning to be in a coach boat on the water must be registered on Regatta Network. Numbered flags will be provided to the registered coaches. Support boats do not require flags but are requested to register on Reg Net.
- Imperative that a coach or authorized chaperone/parent’s contact information (cell phone & email) be provided to ESC Regatta Coordinator ([email protected]) by October 13 th . This person will be the Point of Contact ON LAND and to whom information, tshirts, etc. will be given. This may also be the person who confirms sailor check-in and sail numbers. This person must be on land with the sailors/boats Saturday morning and Sunday. Medals will also be given to the Point of Contact on Sunday for distribution & presentation.
- Clubs will be assigned a marked area on the shoreline. Sailors representing that club/organization will all stay together in their “bubble”. The County’s restrictions to no more than 50 per group must be followed.
- Coaches will be the main communicators & facilitators to their sailors throughout the weekend. Information from the organizers/RC will be shared on Regatta Network’s Notice Board &/or through text messages to the Coaches.
- Masks will be required on land. No exceptions.
- To limit contagion we will not have vendors on site.
- Event t-shirts must be ordered when registering through Regatta Network. Every effort will be made to provide a likeness of the t-shirt design on our website for those wishing to order additional shirts. All extra shirts must be pre-ordered & prepaid.
- First Aid & short-term quarantine will be available in a designated area. A separate quarantine zone will be designated should competitors or coaches need to be isolated for a brief period of time
- There will be NO “live” Competitors’ Meeting. All information relative to racing will be provided in the NOR and the Sailing Instructions electronically. Any changes to the NOR or SIs will be posted on Regatta Network’s event Official Notice Board. We do anticipate a ZOOM meeting for coaches and for competitors/parents TBA
- We will provide a GO/No GO date by October 1 st , on Regatta Network/event website should conditions warrant any cancellation.
- Registration refunds minus a $25 fee will be made through Regatta Network
- Coaches & Parents are responsible for food for their sailors throughout the event.
- River Romp is an active participant in Sailors for the Sea Clean Regatta practices. Single-use plastic bottles are discouraged. All trash & recyclables should be deposited in containers provided along the shoreline and in the park.
- Sailors, Coaches, Parents attending the regatta must be symptom-free (virus), with no fever or rash. It is the Coaches’ & Parents’ responsibility to safeguard the health of their own sailors as well as other competitors.
- Waivers and checklists will be required when Coaches/Sailors check-in
- Competitors will check-in electronically, verifying their information.
- NO sail changes after 9:00 PM, Friday, October 16, 2020 EST.