Letter to Clubs
River Romp, October 16 & 17, 2021
To: Coaches, Parents & Chaperones for River Romp
We are looking forward to hosting our annual JO in October, on the river, with updates designed to safeguard our competitors, coaches, volunteers & organizers.
- We are adding an EMERALD fleet for the first year, absolute beginning sailors. Reserved for newbies, our focus will be on learning (Saturday) and short races with feedback on Sunday.
- 3 race courses: Optimist Green, Optimist R/W/B, and a Laser/C420 course with a separate racing area (Sunday only) for the Emerald Fleet.
- Because Lee County (Parks Dept) continues to restrict group size and approve any activities planned for the park, we ask that parents LIMIT their time on the beach and consider rotating responsibility.
- Anyone planning to be in a support boat on the water must be registered on Regatta Network. Support boats do not require flags but are requested to register on Regatta Network so that we have mobile numbers in case of emergencies.
- Imperative that a coach or authorized chaperone/parent’s contact information (cell phone & email) be provided to ESC Regatta Coordinator ([email protected]) by October 12th. This person will be the Point of Contact ON LAND and to whom information, T-shirts, etc. will be given. This may also be the person who confirms sailor check-in and sail numbers. This person must be on land with the sailors/boats Saturday morning and Sunday. The POC may also be asked to facilitate paperwork for protests. Medals will be given to the Point of Contact or Coach on Sunday for distribution & presentation.
- Clubs will be assigned a marked area on the shoreline similar to last year. Sailors representing that club/organization will all stay together in their cohorts. Clubs are welcome to bring their own signage, burgers, or identifying markers.
- Coaches will be the main communicators & facilitators to their sailors throughout the weekend. Information from the organizers/RC will be shared on Regatta Network’s Notice Board & or through text messages to the Coaches.
- Sailors participating without club representation should contact the OA for a cohort assignment.
- Masks are strongly encouraged on land if social distancing cannot be maintained.
- We will not have vendors on site but hope to welcome them back in 2022!
- Should sailors return to shore/retire from racing before the end of the day, a responsible adult/chaperone should be prepared to receive the sailor(s) and take the sailor(s) to a pre-arranged area. Supervision by the OA on shore will be limited. The Park is a public area and though prioritized for the regatta we cannot exclude the public from using the space.
- There will be NO “live” Competitors’ Meeting. All information relative to racing will be provided in the NOR and the Sailing Instructions electronically. Any changes to the NOR or SIs will be posted on Regatta Network’s event Official Notice Board. Scheduled ZOOM meetings for coaches, sailors/parents, volunteers are indicated in the NOR.
- Cancellations will be considered through October 10 minus a $25 fee.
- Coaches & Parents are responsible for food for their sailors throughout the event.
- River Romp is an active participant in Sailors for the Sea Clean Regatta practices. Single-use plastic bottles are discouraged. All trash & recyclables should be deposited in containers provided along the shoreline and in the park.
- Sailors, Coaches, Parents attending the regatta must be symptom-free (virus). It is the Parents’ responsibility to safeguard the health of their sailors as well as other competitors. Each club’s Point of Contact should be prepared to update ESC’s assigned Ambassador of any changes in participation due to health issues.
- A copy of the COVID policy is available on the River Romp pages; competitors are asked to sign an online waiver at the time of registration.
- NO sail changes after 0900, Saturday, October 16, 2021.
We sincerely hope you will join us October 15 & 16, 2022, for River Romp!!