There are numerous ways in which you can support Edison Sailing Center. No donation is too small.
- You can donate by sending a check to the address below or by using the link on this page.
- You can donate boats, boating equipment and other items.
- You can donate through your estate planning.
- You can donate marketable securities.
- You can volunteer your time and expertise.
To make an offline donation toward this cause, follow these steps::
- Write a check payable to “Edison Sailing Center”
- On the memo line of the check, indicate that the money is a “Donation”
- Mail your check to:
Edison Sailing Center
1420 Del Rio Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Your tax-deductible donation is greatly appreciated!
Donate Your Boats, Boating Equipment and Other Items
Donating to Edison could be just the trick to get items out of your driveway, out of your garage, from your dock or from a storage unit and do some good. If you have a sailboat or power boat that you no longer use, Edison is happy to consider taking it off your hands to either sell or use to support our programs. Edison will provide an appraisal for any items that are retained and provide you with the tax appropriate thank you letter with the accompanying IRS form for all donations. We will pick up your boating items that are located in the Lee County area, clean, and handle all the details of the selling process. We can sell larger boats located anywhere in the country without transporting them to Fort Myers.
Note: Gifting boats and sailing items must go through Edison’s Gift Acceptance Process. For more details, please call Ross Webb (239-841-7677.)
You can make a lasting impact on the lives of young sailors by including Edison Sailing Center in your planned giving strategies. We can provide guidance and work with your financial advisor or attorney to establish the best options for you:
- Add a bequest to Edison through your will or trust
- Name Edison as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), 457(b) or other retirement accounts
- Name Edison as a beneficiary of your life insurance policies
- Establish a separate trust or annuity and specify that Edison receives the assets when you pass away
- Create a donor advised fund for benefit of Edison
If you are affiliated with a foundation or other organization that makes grants to non-profits serving the educational and developmental needs of all of the children in our great Lee County area, please consider Edison Sailing Center. About fifty percent of our sailors are from underserved areas.
Marketable Securities (Stocks or Bonds and Other Financial Investment Vehicles)
You can work with your broker or financial advisor to facilitate your donating appreciated marketable securities to Edison. Edison will sell the securities and provide you with the IRS tax appropriate thank you letter based on the gift value at the time of receipt.
Please contact Carol Robinson for details on the gift acceptance process at 239-841-3925.
Volunteer: Give Your Time and Expertise
Volunteers have been one of the most important means of support for Edison over forty years. You do not need to know how to sail to be a big help. We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and especially need volunteers on the water and on shore during our annual regatta, River Romp, held the third weekend in October.
You can also tailor volunteering to your interests, lifestyle, and availability. Whether you have one hour a week or one day a year to give, we help you find your perfect volunteer opportunity.